ED810 is a 1914 Dennis 'N' Type, fitted with a 6.6 litre 4 cylinder White and Poppe engine which has been referred to as the 45HP engine or the 50HP engine depending on which book you read! The engine is clearly distinguishable from the 60HP engine fitted to FA1075 as the cylinders are separate rather than cast as pairs. The appliance was supplied new to the Greenall Whitely Brewery in Warington, Chesire. It was used by the Brewery up 1950, and then acquired by the 'Old Trafford Motor Engineering Company' who were the local Dennis agents. In the early 60's it went back to the Dennis factory in Guildford for a full restoration by the Dennis Apprentices' Association, who then took it to rallies for a number of years. In recent times it has been on exhibition at the Holker Hall Lakeland Motor Museum in Cumbria.
Pictured below is ED810 just after the restoration by the Dennis Apprentices' Association. Of special note is the cast brass 'Fireman' radiator cap mascot. This has now disappeared. Any information as to its whereabouts or a replica would be greatly appreciated.